What we do?
Edwards & Farmer Ltd proudly hold the main franchises for prestigious brands: VALTRA tractors, HORSCH cultivators & sprayers, LARRINGTON trailers, MASTER driers, BERTHOUD sprayers and more….
Providing Shropshire and surrounding counties with competitive sales of new & used machinery backed up by our dedicated and talented Aftersales Team. Our Service Technicians & Parts Personnel provide our valued customers with complete confidence and support, understanding how time plays a vital part in the farming industry. We strive to keep customer downtime to a minimum!
With over 30 years of experience in the agricultural industry we are now looking to the future and the progression of our family run business. Rising sales has driven the need to increase our Aftersales Support Team, so if you think you would like to join in our journey and further your career within Edwards & Farmer Ltd then please get in touch.
The apprenticeship scheme, in partnership with Llysfasi (Cambria), will be the starting point for our highly respected and sought after agricultural engineers in the sector.
The scheme combines classroom and workshop training with practical, work-based development to lay the foundations for a successful career in the agricultural industry.
What are the key benefits?
- A first class apprenticeship scheme delivered by expertly-trained Valtra lecturers and instructors.
- Your progress will be monitored and supported at work and at college to uphold and exceed all required national standards and qualifications.
- You will gain additional soft skills to succeed in the work place.
- You will have access to a broad range of machinery to ensure apprentices are working on the latest technology.
- The college works with a range of industry and awarding bodies to ensure that the content is up to date and relevant to the industry.
- Includes Manufacturer Technical Training at the AGCO Training Academy.
What qualifications do I need?
5 GCSE’s at grade 4 or C’s in English and Maths + 3 others or equivalent. Students with grade D in English and/or Maths would be considered depending on grade profiles and practical experience. Applicants who have not attained these levels should still apply as you may be working at the correct levels. Level 2 Diploma in Agricultural Engineering at High Merit/Distinction.
Approximately 36 weeks in college on a block release programme. This enables work-based learning and experience to be gained whilst working at your AGCO dealership. The college blocks are at Coleg Cambria Llysfasi near Ruthin, North Wales. Enhancements include additional bespoke technical product training with AGCO, delivered at AGCO’s training centre or at the college.
You will receive a range of qualifications as part of your learning programme. These include:
- Level 3 Technical Advanced Extended Diploma in Land-based Engineering.
- Agricultural Engineering skills challenge Baccalaureate.
- Essential skills in Numeracy, Literacy and IT.
- Additional non/legislative qualifications may include telescopic handler, abrasive wheels, FLT, first aid and welding etc.
- AGCO training accreditation.
- AGCO online training.
Why should I apply?
A Valtra apprenticeship is an opportunity to 'earn while you learn'. You will receive a salary from E&F Ltd as you complete your apprenticeship and achieve an industry approved qualification, whilst at the same time, gain fantastic hands-on practical skills through a manufacturer supported scheme.
The Valtra apprenticeship scheme has helped an overwhelming number of young people to join the land-based engineering sector in the UK.
Become one of these achievers!
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CALL 01743 718762 OR EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
Essential duties will include:
- Maintenance and repairs on site and on farm of both tractors & machinery completed to a high standard.
- Assembly & PDI of new machines to the correct specification.
- To be competent in fault finding on Engines, Hydraulics, & Electrical issues using the latest diagnostic equipment.
- Prompt & correct filling in of all paperwork – time sheets, job cards & reports, etc.
- Work alongside and communicate with customers, colleagues, manufacturers, and suppliers.
- Undertaking relevant manufacturer training as & when required – giving you the opportunity to develop your skills & knowledge of the latest products & services on the market.
- Experience of working on Agricultural Machinery and Equipment – Tractors, Sprayers, Drills/Cultivation and Driers
- Skilled & knowledgeable in mechanical, electrical & hydraulic systems
- Professional, proactive & organised
- Exceptional customer service
- Full UK driving licence
Salary & benefits will reflect the ability & experience of the successful applicant & will be agreed by negotiation.
- Training development
- Company Pension
- Working Hours are 8am-5pm Monday to Friday
- Company Offers
Overtime available for weekends (uncapped)
- Full PPE Equipment
- Company Events
- Competitive salary
If we have captured your interest & you like the idea of joining our busy, diligent, and passionate team please apply in the strictest confidence to:
Christine Farmer (Director), Edwards & Farmer Ltd, Bayston Hill, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY3 0AY
Alternatively, please email: email@example.com / Rupert Farmer 07836 658670